Focus 78 - The Economy
This edition of Focus deals with the Economy. We begin with Michael Spicer’s broad sweep of the business government relationship during the apartheid era and, thereafter, post-apartheid. He chronicles the on-going deterioration in this relationship. He rightly points out that business is not a homogenous entity, but he also notes, especially during the Zuma years, how fractious, divided and unfocussed the state’s developmental initiatives have been.
Table of Contents
Click on articles to download them
- Read it now! Read it now!
- Francis Antonie - Editorial
- Michael Spicer - The Business Government Relationship: What has gone wrong?
- Iraj Abedian - Avoiding SA's Junk-Grade Sovereign Credit Rating
- Charles Simkins - Fiscal Policy and Development
- Nicoli Nattrass & Jeremy Seekings - Setting Minimum Wages in South Africa
- Peter Leon - Some Thoughts on the South African Mining Industry at a Time of Crisis
- John Luiz - South Africa's Growth Trap: Explaining Poor Policy Choices
- Andrew Barlow - SOE Failure: a Symptom?
- Michael Cardo - Book Review - A Perfect Storm: Antisemitism in South Africa, 1930-1948
- Matthew Kruger - Book Review - Run Racist Run