Focus 79 - South Africa and the World
This edition of Focus looks at South Africa's position within the global context. The pieces traverse the history of South Africa's foreign policy. We examine our membership to BRICS, our relations with China and the implications of the Brexit vote. We also consider our role within the UN and provide an economic forecast of our future prospects drawing on lessons from other countries.
Table of Contents
Click on articles to download them
- Read it now! Read it now!
- Francis Antonie - Editorial
- Mills&James Resetting SAs Foreign Policy
- DeKadt&Cupido SA's Democracy in a Global Context
- Jack Spence SA's Foreign Policy A Bric Without Straw
- Peter Draper Brexit Implications for SA UK Relations
- Suzanne Graham Yea or Nay Democratic SA's Voting Behaviour in an Intergovernmental Organization
- Willem Meyer Strained Relations between Economics and Politics China and SA
- Charles Simkins The Prospects for Global Growth Diagnoses and Prognostications
- Book Review God Spies and Lies, Finding SA's Future Through Its Past Graham Dominy
- Book Review The Last Outpost on the Zulu Frontiers Fort Napier ad the Imperial Garrison Stephen Coan